There will be so many WEDDINGS this year! Please, key into this word…whether you’re in a relationship or not.
With that in mind, let me tell you some MAJOR things to look out for before making this LIFETIME choice.
1) The person MUST be a child of God, not a Church goer. There are many people in Church that do not have a RELATIONSHIP with Him.
2) The person MUST have CHARACTER. No matter how spiritual a person is, their HUMAN side (character) is what you’ll live with. Please, don’t ignore this aspect of them. How they treat you in the relationship may not be different from how you’ll be treated in the marriage.
3) Know your deal breakers. No one is perfect, we all have our character flaws. So know YOURSELF first, then know what your deal breakers are (what you cannot cope with in the long run). Please and please, DO NOT compromise on that. Marriage does not change a character flaw. Instead, it’ll amplify it.
4) He/She MUST be a person of INTEGRITY. If the person cannot be trusted to keep his/her word, no matter how small, please, DO NOT trust the person with your life.
Marriage is a faith walk. Don’t go on that path with a liar. It’ll most likely end in tears.
5) Ask God for DISCERNMENT. The spouse God will send your way may not look like the picture you have in your head. You will need discernment to RECOGNIZE the person.
6) The person MUST be TEACHABLE. Teachability is one of the most important traits to look out for. A teachable person will always try to be better for you.
7) Do not make your choice desperately. This is a LIFETIME journey. Take your time. WATCH AND PRAY!
Congratulations in advance to all of you who would be married this year. I pray from my heart, that you’ll not make the wrong choice.
Happy New Year!!
Do you find Notjustloaded useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!
No one has commented yet. Be the first!