President Muhammadu Buhari arrived in Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State, on Thursday, June 17th, 2021.
Mr. President was surrounded by heavily armed security agents as he arrived at Maiduguri Airport around 10 a. m. on Thursday.
Governor Babagana Zulum’ s projects were also commissioned by Buhari. Upon the president’ s arrival, the governor had already invited the residents of the state to express their gratitude to him.
The president also met with troops fighting Boko Haram extremists on the front lines in the North East. During his visit, he also paid a visit to wounded soldiers. He pledged to make their lives better and that their efforts would not be in vain.
The president briefed the frontline troops in Borno ten vital things today.
1. Buhari stated that it was a pleasure to visit them. He went on to say that the government will always be grateful for their patriotism and commitment to protecting the country from terrorists and criminals.
2. They paid tribute to all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the fight against the North East insurgency.
3. He also expressed his sympathies to their families. He stated that the government will take care of the widows and children of the fallen heroes.
4. He also assured wounded soldiers that they would be properly cared for.
5. The President expressed his satisfaction with the gains made in the fight against insurgency over the last six years.
6. He also promised to provide sophisticated weapons for frontline troops battling the terrorists.
7. He reminded them that there is still a lot of work for them to do in the fight against Boko Haram and armed bandits in the North West.
8. He also stated that the welfare of the troops was the most important priority for his administration.
9. Nigeria will collaborate with neighboring countries to end the insurgency in the country.
10. He saluted their courage and wished them all the best.
Do you find Notjustloaded useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!
No one has commented yet. Be the first!